Saturday, November 28, 2009

I've become such a square

My cat Moto (as in "Hello Moto" - we inherited him from other folk...) is sitting on top of my big fat book with my dissertation, biting my hand as if to say, "Why the hell are you studying on a Saturday night? You are so dull and boring." Truth is, if I want to continue with my doctorate next year I need to submit some work by Monday... Maybe I'm just becoming a boring old fart, and I sometimes wonder if that's good for my music career. How will having a doctorate help me make hits to burn up the charts and win millions of adoring fans? Truth is, I dunno... Okay, so the study IS about music, but I'm reminded of a quote from Elvis Costello: writing about music is like dancing about architecture. I think I should go write a song rather.

Mind you, I did have a great gig this past Monday night (got the crowd rocking) and I did go out partying with a friend last night, so maybe when my work is done I can have a life. Truth is, I'm sociable but I don't need to be at a party every week to have fun. We age, we sage... Go figure...

Well, Moto has inadvertently worked his way into The Purr Factory, that musical I co-wrote which debuts at the UJ Arts Centre next year. He's such a lovable brat!

No comments:

Post a Comment