Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 8: The Music Business Academy

This year I get to see one of my babies - a college for teaching students fresh out of school - really start to take off. I have to say, although I got on board early, the idea for the Music Business Academy - which teaches people music business skills - is the work of my friend and producer, Jonathan Shaw.

Jon sought to educate himself about the music industry, including elements of copyright law, finance, management and marketing. I attended his course at Wits University in Jo'burg 4 years ago already, and this is the natural progression of that. Sometimes I get a bot scared that these things will distract me from my real purpose, which is to write and sing and perform songs, but I also need to make a living - and I'm SO glad this allows me to keep doing that in the music field. I love working with Soul Candi.

But: songs! gigs! albums! I need to get a move on.

Days to go: 357

No comments:

Post a Comment