Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 48: Why I LOVE Steve Jobs!

Some people in the music industry hate old Steve because he turned the music industry on its head with the digital revolution and the iPod. My sister has one and, quite frankly, I'm not that impressed. I've never understood what the big fascination is with Apple.

But I really admire Steve Jobs. I was re-reading an article on his address to students at Stanford in 2005. He said to stay hungry and stay foolish, and to keep loving what you do. His accomplishments with Apple are far less meaningful to me than his accomplishments with his own mind: he never let his own worst enemy - himself - get the better of himself. That's a great lesson to learn. He says you've got to find what you love, because the only way to be truly satisfied is to do great work, which means loving what you do.

I shall do the same with my music career.

Days to go: 317

No comments:

Post a Comment