Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 63: Not bad for 4 years

You know, sometimes we are so hard on ourselves. I like to think that I wasted 20 years not pursuing my music career, but the truth is, 20 years ago I wasn't even sure I wanted to do music. I've always been a late bloomer, so it should come as no surprise to me that as little as 5 years ago I wasn't sure what kind of music I wanted to do.

After doing some musical theatre in 2005, and after singing opera for a few years, I realised that I'm just more suited to the pop/commercial world. So, it wasn't until 2006 that I started looking at those elements of my music career, and I think I have done really well for 4 years:

1. I've educated myself on the music business, so much so that I now teach music business to young music students.

2. I won the Top Billing Music Award in 2006, with Tzipora.

3. I've released 2 albums to date, with another 3 on the way this year.

I'm not rich or famous (yet), no Grammy Awards (yet), but am I enjoying the journey? So, so much. I am grateful for all that has transpired in my life, and I'm grateful that I've finally found my dream and am living it. You should try it - it's a liberating feeling...

Days to go: 302.

No comments:

Post a Comment