Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 67: I'm not owed anything

You know what? I don't care if nobody feels my music dream with me. I was reading a bit of Rudy again the other day, and he says that people who are really passionate follow their dream anyway.

If I had to get a day job today in a totally different city, I'd still find a producer to hook up with and I'd still keep making music.

You see, nobody promised me an easy ride, or accolades and awards and endless riches. But that doesn't mean I can't follow my dream. I can. I am. I will.

I am making music. I am in the music industry. These are decisions and actions I can control. As for the rest, well...

I appreciate my academic co-supervisor at university, who is helping me with my D Litt et Phil degree. She's a genius, the most amazing woman on the planet. When I did my Masters, she always told me how much she admired my dogged tenacious determination to get it finished - because it was such a struggle for me. She said that I'd earned her respect and admiration for that.

Well, that same bulldog terrier-like determination is being applied to my music career. I don't care how long it takes, or how much struggle and sacrifice it takes. I will not quit music until the day I die. If that's tomorrow, I die a happy man. I have lived my dream.

Days to go: 298

No comments:

Post a Comment