Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 24: Free Nelson Mandela Part 2

So these are some of the quotes of Nelson Mandela that I saw at the Apartheid Museum yesterday, that help me and inspire me with my music career:

"Running through the struggle like a golden thread was the indomitable human spirit and a capacity for self-sacrifice and discipline."

"Deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity."

"None of us can be described as having virtues or qualities that raise him or her above others."

"There are few misfortunes in the world that you cannot turn into a personal triumph if you have the iron will and necessary skill."

Need more be said? I have never had to sacrifice 27 years of my life to my music dream, but I know I would be willing to - just as Madiba's sacrifice to the world saw his dream for a better South Africa come true. Hey, I live here, and no, it's far from a perfect country - but I couldn't help crying today as I saw the miracle of what has been achieved. In fact, the last time I cried like that at a museum was in New York in November 2007, at the 9/11 Memorial.

Days to go: 341

No comments:

Post a Comment