Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 19: Being selfless

I know, so Derek Sivers also reminds us that it's not about us, but about the difference our music can make in the lives of others. The basic premise of marketing is that you need to serve others and meet their needs. But that's easier said than done, and it requires a selflessness that is sometimes hard to achieve when you're wrapped up in your own ego trip.

It's also hard to believe. I mean, does Madonna REALLY care about her fans? And how can she, when there are so many of them? It's not that I don't wanna care about fans - who wouldn't wanna care about people who think you're great? - it's just that maybe I'm ungrateful that I only have five of them! Even so, music careers are built fan by fan, piece by piece. I get the impression it's kinda like saving - it takes time...

Days to go: 346

No comments:

Post a Comment