Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 18: Saturdays & work

I'm off to go and teach vocal students now, followed by lecturing music business courses at Soul Candi, followed by more vocal students, followed by stopping by a fellow musician's gig tonight. Whew! What a day... As David Foster says, it's good to work on Saturdays - that way we get more done, and we stay on top of our game.

Sometimes it feels a bit nuts doing it, but I love music so much it barely feels like work. Well, hey, those are my two indicators that I'm living my purpose:

1. Would I do it for free? Yes, I already have, but now I'm so glad I get paid for it!

2. Does it feel like work? No - find a job you love and you won't have to work a day in your life. I think it was actually a Chinese philosopher who said that...

Days to go: 347

No comments:

Post a Comment