Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 28: Why I LOVE Dolly Parton!!!!

You know, Dolly Parton first introduced me to the music industry. My mom tells me when I was three, Dolly Parton's "Jolene" was big on the radio, and I would stand on the back seat of the car and sing it. Is that cool or what!?!?

I absolutely admire the woman's work ethic and dedication - the day after she graduated from high school, she got on a bus and went to Nashville. She was completely focused and she knew exactly what she wanted. I really respect her for that, because it's not easy listening to that voice inside of you with such conviction.

And then, you have to admire the coup she scored with "I will always love you" that Whitney Houston recorded for The Bodyguard. Wow. Ka-ching! She made a mint off the the royalties there. But I get the impression she has remained humble and true to her roots.

Dolly - you're a champ! Come on, let's record a song together.

Days to go: 337

No comments:

Post a Comment