Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 14: Why I LOVE David Foster

My writing partner for The Purr Factory, Corinne, gave me a copy of David Foster's book "Hitman" today, after our meeting at UJ - a belated Christmas present. I am so excited!

I couldn't wait to start reading it, and of course the man is a genius. I mean, just look at his track record: Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Natalie Cole, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, Barbra Streisand, Madonna, Michael Jackson...

Mr David Foster: if on the off-off-off chance that you or someone you know may be reading this: I'm coming to work with you! I don't know how, when or where, but I know you wrote this in your book, p. 206: "I have helped put a number of very talented people on the map, certainly - and in the months and years ahead I hope I'll be adding plenty of names to that list." Okay, sir, here's one of those names: ROB RODELL. Please write it in your diary. I don't care how bald, fat, ugly and talentless you may think I am, or how far away (16,000 km from LA), I don't quit! That's my Winston Churchill-esque nature.

I am your next Richard Marx. Remember on p. 214 when you spoke about him wanting to release an album, and you told him he's not a singer, and you admitted, 50 million albums later, when you screw up, you screw up big? Well, I'm your next dark horse project, sir, with enough gumption and chutzpah to do it. Take a chance - I wanna be like Ryan Seacrest, the hardest working man in showbiz, according to you...

Anyway, songwriting continues, slowly... Gigs. What are those again?

Days to go: 358

No comments:

Post a Comment