Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 20: The cobbler and his children

Have you ever heard the expression, "Physician, heal thyself" or, "The cobbler's children always run around with bare feet"? When it comes to marketing, that's me...

I have a masters degree in marketing communications, and yet I feel like such a lousy marketer - especially when it comes to my own brand! I've probably mentioned this before, but I remember speaking to Liesl of B# Beetles, a kiddie music & movement programme. She and I studied at the same university, same course. She always says, "Yeah Rob, but that's just book theory. It's not gonna get you out there..." Not that I'm dissing my degree, which took a whole helluva lotta work - but the danger is that it stays intellectual instead of becoming actionable. Something to fight against... As Donald Trump says, when you find yourself off course, get back on course very quickly.

Days to go: 345

No comments:

Post a Comment